Reggie runs his own software company Reggie Ashworth Software.
- What do you currently do?
I’m a Mac/iOS developer.
- How did you get started in Mac and/or iOS programming?
A friend convinced me to buy a PowerBook years ago and it all started from there.
- What was the first app you created and what did it do?
It was a very simple version of AppDelete which was designed to find all associated files belonging to an app.
- Where did you get the idea for the app?
Actually between me and my friend, we were looking for a simple and automated way to find these files. He told me to make something and that’s where the idea came from.
- What went well? What could have gone better?
It was really a lot more popular than I ever expected it to be so that’s what went well. What could have gone better was if I didn’t have to rewrite/streamline chunks of code due to it being my first app.
- What is your favorite among the apps you’ve developed?
AppDelete. First one is always special!
- What advice do you have for young people who want to make apps?
Just take the time and do it! It’s amazing how much you can learn and accomplish by just sitting in front of a computer and putting the necessary time in. The only limits are the ones we set.
Help more girls learn software development. Contribute to the App Camp For Girls Indiegogo fundraiser, get a cool perk, and enjoy the feeling of having helped the next generation of software developers.